05 June 2009

Chipboard Letters

Remember this post when I discussed making your own elements? I love chipboard. I love chipboard letters. In the era known as B.B.S. (Before my Big Shot), I would purchase naked chipboard letters and numbers and cover them with DSP. Remember the hassle? Let me remind you, you'd glue and cover the letter, trim it down, and sand the edges for hours and hours. The middle of A's required numerous tools and I was never 100% satisifed with the outcome.




Well, thankfully that's all in the past now! Here I can make any letter in any color or DSP. I snag everyone's legal pad cardboard, I save all the thin cardboard that comes from Big Shot dies and other random thick material (i.e. Wheat Thins boxes) to make my chipboard elements. Bigz dies cut thru several materials! Cover the square chipboard with DSP and then put the DSP FACE DOWN on the die. Run thru the big shot. Awesome. No more sanding. No more middle of A's that look crummy. Check back later for some great projects using these letters. HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY!
Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
DSP: Patterns Pack II (hostess)
Accessories: Big Shot Bigz Serif Essentials Alphabet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin