31 May 2009

Bye-Bye Riding Hood Red

I hope you're enjoying the salute to the soon-to-be-retired (June 30th)! Here's another goody. It was a quick and simple card and used a few of my favorite tricks. (1) That large star in the corner? Not an expensive element bought from one of those stores, but a mere use of my star punch, a button, linen thread and chocolate chip sponge. After I punched the stars, I crinkled them a bit for a more-authentic vintage. (2) That banner at the bottom? Not an expensive element - but one that is guaranteed to match the colors on a card every time - with any stamp set. To get the curvy-ness; just roll it around a marvelous marker. The great notch was made using a square punch. (3) That very vanilla panel? Not designer paper. I used the negative piece from a small start punch and sponged randomly. All stars are made with chocolate chip, some stars just received more sponging for a varied color. After the stars were sponged, I cut the panel into 1/2" wide pieces. I originally planned to leave a gap inbetween the pieces, but grew out of room for the aforementioned banner. I didn't realize this until after I cut the panel (As Homer Simpson would say "DOH!"), so I decided to stagger the pieces instead of gapping them.

Here's how you can make your own designer elements. Let me know if you have any questions.
Happy Sunday!
Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hugs & Wishes
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
CS: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Button Latte, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Square Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin