09 October 2009

Stamps - they're not just for cards

Hi friends. Happy Friday. It's been a busy week here! Today's post is a tad late, but hopefully you'll like it. Gifts are all about presentation - but holy cow elaborate bags and wrapping and bows are EXPENSIVE!!

Last night I needed to package up a baby gift and I got out my newly aquired wheel and an inexpensive kraft bag to create my packaging. The gift bag was $1.99, and I used a 40%-off coupon for a grand total of $1.25. It's not perfect, but that's part of the fun! I used tissue paper I had on hand (cost $0) and the card was made by my talented friend. I wish I could take credit for it, it's a cutie card, so cute in fact I couldn't hide it in the envelope. I ditched the envie and tucked it peeking out of the bag.
Three (scrap) pieces of ribbon secure the bag shut (also $0).
Word of caution, if you're going to stamp on gift bags, make sure they're the matte (not glossy) bags. I did stamp the ends of the bags. Here's an earlier bag I created.

Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps:Nursery Letters jumbo wheel (Bag), The welcome baby and duck are retired :(
Ink: Chocolate Chip (Bag), Basic Black (Card)
CS: Bashful Blue (Card), Whisper White (Card)
Accessories:Wheel handle (Bag), chocolate chip reinker (Bag), 1" double stitched chocolate chip ribbon (Bag), 1-1/4" Stripped Chocolate Chip Ribbon (Bag), Non-SU! yellow ribbon (Card), Scallop edge punch (Card), Markers (Card)

And yes, It's a Boy!

Enjoy your Friday. I do hope your weather is as amazing as ours today! I'm lucky to be able to get outside at my j-o-b!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin