27 October 2009

Rolodex

I needed the *perfect* hostess gift for a recent hostess (I bet she's reading this - HI!). She said her favorite DSP was Bella Blue. She is also very organized and she's a bride-to-be, so I thought an address rolodex would be a great gift. I also used up a ton of scraps for this gift (ohh, don't read that part!). One of the Big Shot dies is a rolodex die.

I originally wanted to stamp the letters, but I couldn't decide on the perfect font to use, so I decided to get out Go-Go Boots sizzlits. I layered them on 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circles. I placed the first circle on the left
then flipped the card over and aligned it to position the righthand circle (ensuring the same distance on both sides).
Then finally I overlapped the center letter equally on the left and right. Confused? I am!
A little tip, after I cut all the letters and matted them to the circles, I made piles to make sure the letters would go left-to-right.

I said I used scraps, here are a couple more cards.



Would you like to make a rolodex? It would be PERFECT for a holiday gift! Select your DSP and color combo and I will mail you the cards, circles, DSP pieces and directions (rolodex excluded). The kit is $10 (postage included). If you have letter stamps, you can omit the Go-Go Boots letters the kit cost is $6 (postage included, rolodex excluded). Email me with questions or your DSP/color choices and I'll send a PayPal request. Orders ship on Mondays and Fridays.

Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
DSP: Bella Blue
CS: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Big Shot

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Oct. 28. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Heidi said...

I am totally reading it! Hi back. I love the rolodex. Sunday night I combined all of our address into one easy location :) Thank you again! You're the best. We had lots o' fun on saturday.

Brianne said...

oh my gosh, I LOVE THIS, the idea and bella blue!! And I totally knew it was Heidi - HI Heidi!!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin