11 September 2009

Happy Friday Friends!

Hi everyone. Today's post is a little later than usual :) I made two of these cards last evening and I was waiting until they were delivered today. These were care packages for back to school week.
I dreamt up this color combination while sitting in the second hour of a meeting on Thursday. Soft Suede, Barely Banana and Bermuda Bay. I decided I LOVE it. I used a retired Friend definition background stamp but I really wanted a distressed look so I made sure not to press evenly. I also used linen thread because I love love love that stuff. I would use it on every project if you'd let me! If you ever want to layer your punches, punch the smaller image first, then you can see where to place the second larger punch.

Remember I said above I wanted distressed? After I stamped the letters, I distressed the edges and then crumpled up the letters and even when I adhered it, I made sure to leave it raised.
Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Varisty Letters
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
CS: Barley Banana, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
Accessories: Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Star Punch, Large Star Punch

1 comment:

bri said...

so I love this and love the PG wine in the background - so cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin