01 January 2012

Happy 2012 Sweetest Designs Friends!


 Happy 2012!  It is Day 1 into 2012, and I already am disappointing you.  I don't have any pretty projects to show you.  It's not because I don't have any awesome new products (I am LOADED with new mini and SAB goodies for you!), it's not because I don't have a camera (hello Nikon), it's not because I don't have any projects (stacks on them; including my 2011 Holiday cards that used the stocking punch and GLITTER paper).  It's because it's six pm and I'm sitting on the couch under a blanket (watching the Bengals lose).  My year started with a giant cleaning episode this morning. The one that happens every so often.  You know, where you wipe the molding and baseboards?  So I cleaned and mopped and organized.  Then I had amazing cinnamon rolls, compliments of my momma and perused the sales.

It had been approximately 30 days since I'd ventured to the grocery (except when I needed cream cheese for the 10-batches of truffles we made).  It.  Was. Empty.  Here.  Chicken was on special at 1.99/lb and I had been toying with the idea to try Once A Month Cooking, especially with the new job. Previously I would beat Mr. Sweetest Designs (Mr. SD) home and would prepare dinner and have it mostly ready when he came home.  Now we're going to carpool 3 days a week.  What's a girl to do?  Push back dinners another 45 minutes?  Eat out?  Eat take-out?  $200 at the grocery, 4 hours later, several pans washed and rewashed and we have 26 meals in the freezer and fridge.  We have baked ziti, stuffed shells, cashew chicken, chicken pot pie, cripsy chicken wraps, savory chicken, taco bake, taco meat and spagetti sauce.  I actually have supplies for four other recipes (probably yielding another 12-16 meals), but had to quit when the freezer was full!!  I packaged everything in 8"x8" foil pans and ziplock bags.  This will also reduce the evening dishes!  In theory I can be doing better things in the evening - better than cooking and cleaning the dishes and kitchen.  Like stamping!  (And if my math is right, we're at $5 a meal, $2.50/plate).  So more money for stamps!  I have a goal to stay out of the grocery store for another 30 days, except for lunch food.

I have no idea if this little adventure will work, but really it was easy today and I wasn't very organized (mostly because I had no idea what I was doing), but my feet hurt from standing in kitchen.  So it's six o'clock and I'm sitting on the couch under a blanket (and the Bengals are still losing, although charging a slight come back).  I am working on some things in MDS.

I will be back Monday with projects!  Thanks for sticking around.  Thanks for coming by for a class or placing an order.  Thanks for sharing creativity and friendship.  I love you guys.

Here's to a great 2012.
SHERRI

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin