29 May 2009

Bye-Bye Pink Pirouette




Here are a couple things I know to be certain. (1) The color pink pirouette will retire June 30th (2) Candy Lane DSP (remember thru May 31st you can buy three, get one DSP or textured 12"x12" paper free) will retire June 30th and (3) the Occassions Mini will also end June 30th.

I used some heavy chocolate chip sponging to dirty up the pink. Similar to this card I made. To be honest, I have a slight phobia of bright colors or even semi-bright colors. Sponging is also the technique (if you can call it a technique - it's probably just cheating! ) that I used on the flowers - see photo above. I used a blender pen to color in the centers of the flowers with Close to Cocoa for a softer look.
A blender pen also allows you to turn your In-Color ink pad into a marker. That's how I achieved the pink flowers in the oval. And the other pink flower - that was just stamped on pirouette paper in chocolate chip and sponged. Another cheat!
Thanks for visiting!

Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Only Ovals, Doodle This
DSP: Candy Lane
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette
CS: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Blender pen, Sponge, Dimensionals.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin