04 February 2010

You & Me Friends


A shabby card today that is mostly out of my comfort zone! I started wheeling Friendly Words on Soft Suede with versamark. I layered Soft Suede on a Soft Suede base. I’ve been seeing this a lot recently, and wanted to try. I don’t know how I feel about it yet!
Then I added some paper lace. I used Very Vanilla, trimmed with the eyelet punch, edges sponged in Soft Suede.
The top panel is Perfect Plum. I stamped Friends from Vintage Vogue in versamark. On the left, I made a crinkled flower from the Petals Big Shot die – one in Elegant Eggplant and one in Perfect Plum. The center is circles (1” Soft Suede, ¾” Perfect Plum stamped with Circus Circles in versamark, topped with a clear button, tied with Linen Thread. The stem and leaves are punches from the Large Bird Punch. So cute. I added a half-pearl in the upper right corner from the Pretties Kit. We didn’t have any ribbon that I liked, so I dyed the 3/8” Whisper White taffeta ribbon.

I'm also happy to report this card is IN THE MAIL and heading to a wonderful friend. Will it be you? :)

Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Circle Circus, Friendly Words, Vintage Vogue
Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark
CS: Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Petals Big Shot die, big shot, 1” circle punch, ¾” circle punch, large bird punch, half pearl, 3/8" whisper white taffeta ribbon, perfect plum reinker, eyelet punch, sponge, clear button, sticky strip (for the faux lace)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin