11 November 2009

Make Merry!

Hellooooooooooooo stamping friends.
I'm still tweaking my holiday card design, and here was a trial design.
I used the large poinsettia from Christ is Born, stamped in Real Red on Very Vanilla cardstock, edges sponged in Old Olive, layered on Real Red. Do you often wonder how big to make the stamped panel? Reference the size of the wood block for a starting point! It's a great trick!

Ok, I added a strip of Old Olive at the bottom, edges sponged with Old Olive, the leaves from Berry Christmas stamped in Old Olive (color-on-color) is a simple wow-er! I used the edge of my bone folder to distress the top edge of the Old Olive panel a bit (don't have a bone folder?? Try using your fingernail - it will do the same thing!). Sponging, color-on-color and distressing are super easy and quick to do, with amazing differences in your final card. I added the make merry sentiment from Berry Christmas in Real Red.
I decided I totally love the tiny poinsettia and used it again in the inside of my card!
Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Christ is Born, Merry Christmas, Pattered Pines
Ink: Old Olive, Red Red
CS: Old Olive, Red Red, Very Vanilla
Accessories: dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin