30 April 2014

An Over-the-Top Happy Birthday

I participated in an Over-the-Top (WOW) Birthday swap at 2014 Convention and I never shared my creation.  
First of all, this is a little bit different fold.  On the cover, the flap tucks neatly and securely into the For You scallop, each layer is between dimensionals.  The Happy Birthday is embossed in Silver embossing powder.  The left panel is Crushed Curry co'renations cardstock, embossed and sanded for the perfect distressing.  I wheeled the Amazing Accent in Coastal Cabana ink on an angle on the Coastal Cabana piece.  Stretch trim and three basic rhinestone jewels top off the front of this masterpiece.    

Here's the card half-way open, so you can see the fold.  
Not much on this inside, but I did pierce the top and bottom panel.  

Making 16 of these was a little nutty :) But this is one of my favorite cards I've ever made.  I dropped the original in the mail today. I sent it to Denise, I hope she'll love it as much as I do. 

Do you think this was a WOW card?
SHERRI

Sweet Deets (all supplies Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Amazing Accent (wheel), Perfectly Penned, A Round Array
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, VersaMark
CS: Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry Core'dinations, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
DSP:  Eastern Elegance
Accessories: Big Shot, beautifully baroque textured embossing folder, silver embossing powder, basic rhinestone jewels, stretch ruffle trim - Coastal Cabana, 1/2" circle punch, 7/8" scallop circle punch, dimensionals, sanding block, paper piercing tool

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin